You can Update EQdkp Plus very easily, using different methods. We will always give you the possibility to upgrade or update your software, if you are using a released software version. If you are running nightly versions (that means code downloaded at github and not in our repository) you might not be able to upgrade to the latest version.
- 1 Download of Updates & Upgrades
- 2 Versions and Upgradepaths
- 3 Automatic Update (LiveUpdate)
- 4 Manual Update
- 5 Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 1.0 to 2.0
- 6 Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 2.0 to 2.1
- 7 Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 2.1 to 2.2
- 8 Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 2.2 to 2.3
- 9 Creating a Testsystem
- 10 Notes
Download of Updates & Upgrades
Here you will find all download links. Which version you should download will be described in the next sections.
- Download of the current Fullpackage: https://download.eqdkp-plus.eu/download
- Download of older packages: https://github.com/EQdkpPlus/core/releases
- Download of Live-Update packages: https://download.eqdkp-plus.eu/download#patches
Versions and Upgradepaths
|Target-Version||Released at||Upgrade possible from||Download||Notes|
|1.0||2013-11-03||-||Download||Own installation required, import of 0.6 possible|
|2.0||2012-04-22||1.0||Download||Last Version with 0.6-Importer. No Live-Update from 1.0 possible, see #Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 1.0 to 2.0|
|2.1||2015-09-22||1.0, 2.0||Download||Added LESS Compiler which can cause problems, see #Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 2.0 to 2.1|
|2.2||2015-12-26||2.1||Download||No direct update from 1.0 possible|
You should always use the latest releast version of the target version when upgrading. Download-Links see Table above.
|0.6||2.2||Install 1.0 and import from 0.6; Then Upgrade to 2.1; Then Upgrade to 2.2|
|1.0||2.2||Upgrade to 2.1; Then Upgrade to 2.2|
|2.0||2.2||Upgrade to 2.2|
|2.1||2.2||Upgrade to 2.2|
|0.6||2.3||Install 1.0 and import from 0.6; Then Upgrade to 2.1; Then Upgrade to 2.3|
|1.0||2.3||Upgrade to 2.1; then Upgrade to 2.3|
|2.0||2.3||Upgrade to 2.2; then upgrade to 2.3|
|2.1||2.3||Upgrade to 2.3|
|2.2||2.3||Upgrade to 2.3|
Automatic Update (LiveUpdate)
If all requirements for LiveUpdate are fulfilled (OpenSSL, Writing Permissions), you just need to follow the instructions of the LiveUpdate. But updating using LiveUpdate can cause problems, therefore it is recommended to create a Backup of your FTP Files and your Database.
If LiveUpdate cannot be executed, because requirements are not fulfilled, you have to update on your own. We highly recommend using the live update system.
First, you have to download the update. Most of the time, we are providing Live-Update Packages that contains the modified files since a defined Version, to keep the package size as low as possible. If there is no Update Package from your recent version, you can take the Update Package from the nearest lower version number. If there is no Update Package with a lower version number than your recent version, your should download the fullpackage of the new release.
Here is a example which package you need:
- New Version: 1.0.11
- 1.0.2 to 1.0.11
- 1.0.5 to 1.0.11
- 1.0.6 to 1.0.11
- 1.0.7 to 1.0.11
- 1.0.8 to 1.0.11
- 1.0.9 to 1.0.11
- 1.0.10 to 1.0.11
- Fullpackage 1.0.11
|Your Version||Package you should use|
|1.0.2||Update 1.0.2 to 1.0.11|
|1.0.4||Update 1.0.2 to 1.0.11 (there is no direct update, therefore use the nearest lower one)|
|1.0.8||Update 1.0.8 to 1.0.11|
Activate Maintenance Mode
You should activate the maintenance mode, so normal users cannot login and don't notice any errors during upgrading process.
You should create a backup from the Files of your current EQdkp Plus Installation, but also from the Database. For Database-Backup, you can use the built-in Backup function located in the Admin Area of EQdkp Plus.
Extract your downloaded Update Package and upload the files using (S)FTP onto your webspace. You have to overwrite all files, excluding the config.php and the data-Folder.
Open the EQdkp Plus System
Now you can open your EQdkp Plus system in your Browser. If Database Updates are required, the Maintenance Mode will show a message. After that, you can disable the Maintenance Mode.
If the templates have been updated, you will find a message in the Extension Management. There you can select what should happen with your modified files. An automatic update of modified templates is not possible, therefore your are responsible for updating the Templates if you want to keep your modified files.
Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 1.0 to 2.0
- Backup your database, using a tool like phpMyAdmin
- Backup your files, using FTP or Console
- Delete all files except config.php and the whole data-Folder
- Download the release package and extract it
- Upload the files into the folder of your EQdkp Plus Installation (the index.php has to be in the root of your EQdkp Plus installation)
- Open your EQdkp Plus site in your browser (e.g. http://domain.com/eqdkp/, but not the installer) und follow the upgrading process
- If you are not redirected to maintenance mode, add /maintenance/ to the path of your beta installation, e.g. http://domain.com/beta/maintenance/
- If you are not able to login into maintenance mode, you can disable the authentification by adding the following into the config.php before the closing ?>
Please remove this change after you are finished with your update. In Maintenance Area, you have to open the tab "Update" and select the migration update.
- To replace content in Articles, that are refering to your old data folder, you can use the following query to replace the data folder name.
- You need to change the prefix "eqdkp10_" to match the prefix of your system.
UPDATE eqdkp10_articles SET text = REPLACE (text, 'OLD_DATAFOLDERNAME', 'NEW_DATAFOLDERNAME');
Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 2.0 to 2.1
You can upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 using LiveUpdate or doing a manual upgrade.
EQdkp Plus 2.1 not working on Windows Servers
This affects everybody that is using Apache webserver on a windows pc/server. The ThreadStackSize of Apache must be increased to 8388608. More information about this at our board
Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of *** bytes exhausted ...
EQdkp Plus 2.1 needs at least 64MB RAM, because of the new LESS Compiler. The shown value in the error messag tells you how much bytes of memory your system has. Convert this to MB and you know if it is more than 64MB.
Used style has only white background
That's caused by not valid CSS of your style. The new LESS Compiler needs valid CSS. You can check your CSS files using this tool
My own plugins don't show up
Because of Core Changes we needed to increase the API Level of Plugin, therefore plugins have to be adjustet for 2.1. Normally, you simple have to increase the API-Level of the Plugin. More Information are here: Writing a Plugin#API_Levels
Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 2.1 to 2.2
You can upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 using LiveUpdate or doing a manual upgrade.
- Redirect after LiveUpdate to MaintenanceMode does not work
Upgrade from EQdkp Plus 2.2 to 2.3
You can upgrade from 2.1 or 2.2 to 2.3 doing a manual upgrade. For using the live Update, see this article.
Creating a Testsystem
To create a testsystem, e.g. for testing updates, you can use this guide:
- Create a new folder for your testsystem, e.g. "beta"
- Copy all files from your existing installation into the new folder
- Create a new MySQL database for your testsystem, and copy the whole stable system Database into the newly created database. Your Hoster should give you a tool like phpMyAdmin for this step.
- Open the newly created Database in phpMyAdmin and to go into the Table "eqdkp10_backup_cnf" (since EQdkp 2.0 "eqdkp20_config"; the first part of the name could be different for you), search for the config_name named "server_path" and adjust the config_value to the path of your beta folder. If your beta folder is reachable at http://domain.com/beta/, the server_path must be /beta/
- Open the config.php located at the root folder of your Testfolder and adjust the database information to the new created database
- You have to rename the specific subfolder of the data folder, because the name depends on the database name. The name is calculated like this: md5(TableprefixDatabasename), like this: md5(eqdkp10_usr_web_42). To calculate the md5 Hash, you can use a tool like this.
- Open your Testinstallation in your Browser, it should work now. Happy testing :)
Keep CSS Changes
You can make CSS changes that survices an update, if you create a file called "user_additions.css" (in EQdkp Plus 2.0, the file is called "custom.css") with your Changes into the folder of your Template.